Thursday, April 8, 2010

Busted Van and Bank Account

Terri called me yesterday, very upset. The power steering in the mini-van went out, and we took it to the shop to get fixed. I expected to have to pay a few hundred bucks for a pump or belt replacement. They replaced the pump and realized that the rack and pinion system (don't ask me) was bad. If we didn't fix that, the new pump they had put in would be ruined in a matter of months. The grand total...$1100.

Contrary to the jetsetting image I tend to portray, we do not sleep on a mattress stuffed with hundred dollar bills. With our emergency fund completely drained and beyond, we are feeling the pressure of being seriously broke. But you know, it's not a big deal...
Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear."
Hebrews 13:5-6
I've always thought the "I'll never leave you or forsake you," verse was pretty cool; a remarkable promise from God that he is always with us and will never leave us on our own. It takes on a whole new meaning when read in its actual context. God is always with us, but this verse is talking specifically about money. When it comes to money and our needs, God will never abandon us. If we serve God, we don't need to have any fear that we will be okay, no matter how broke we may be. God will never fail to meet our needs. He promised it. And a promise from God is something you can really take to the bank.

1 Comments:

Blogger JohnS said...

Yep, been there. New rack & pinion on our minivan was $900 installed, so your power steering pump probably was just a few hundred dollars.

April 8, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home