Friday, October 31, 2008

Fall Back

Daylight Savings is this Saturday and I LOOOOOOVE daylight savings in the Fall. We get to set our clocks back and gain an extra hour. That's right - we are literally giving ourselves the gift of time. How often do you get to have an extra hour in your day to do whatever you want? Never! Of course, it is all balanced out in spring when an hour is forcibly taken away from us. That one is like getting kicked in the face by a donkey, which I mean to say is not terribly pleasant.

Some years I soak up this extra hour in sleep. Some years I sit comfortably in bed watching an extra hour of TV because I know it can't hurt me. To me it isn't just an hour, it is sixty sweet, precious minutes of constitutional freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home