Friday, April 25, 2008

Ducal

My 2 year old son, Calvin, has invented the coolest word in the world. My kids have this little pop-up alphabet book that they love to read. Every letter has a page with a bunch of little windows that open up, and on the “R” page there is a window that slides open to reveal a little cartoon drawing of a robin. It is fat and round and dumb looking – a cartoon from a kids book. I don’t know what part of his brain came up with this word, but Calvin decided that the bird was a ducal.

Ever since then, I can’t stop saying the word ducal! Everything I see is ducal related. For lunch I ate a ducal sandwich. If Calvin makes a funny face it is a ducal face. In fact I keep telling him that he is a ducal.

“No, I’m not a ducal. I’m Calvin!” he yells back at me. Whatever. It’s a ducal world now. We just live in it.

DUCAL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home