Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Computers and Armageddon

At what point did mankind decide that it would be a good idea to create a device that would, through a series of lightning fast computations, control and run everything in our entire world? Who thought it would be a good idea to make ourselves almost completely dependent on the box of wire and plastic that sits on everyone's desk? What good could possibly come from having all of our most important information and work collected digitally in one imperfect and unstable location?

These are the questions I ask myself as I sit in front of a crashed computer that holds locked within it's chips and memory the result of hours and hours of work. Another question I ask myself: Would I rather my computer crash or stick my face in a bowl full of fire ants? The fire ants sound pretty tempting at this point.

Skynet lives...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home