Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fasting and Gum

On Friday we had a day of fasting and prayer for Eagle Creek Church because on September 14 we are launching to two services. We are serious about seeing God do something. We talked about fasting at The Creek this last Wednesday as well and I cannot tell you how excited I am about the numbers of students who told me that they were committing to not only fast a meal, but all day. There was one voice-mail/text conversation I had on Friday though that really encapsulated everything.

(My cell phone rings. I can't answer it because I am in a meeting. I check the voice-mail later to hear a message from Troy.)

Troy: Chris, this is Troy. Josh and I are fasting today and we decided to go all day instead of just one meal, but I have a question for you that we aren't sure about. Is gum food? Does it still count if we chew it or should we avoid it? Call me back...

Chris: (texting Troy) Gum is cool. Chew it.

Troy: (texting back) K thanks. lol.
As far as I'm concerned that is the coolest conversation I've had about fasting in...well ever. I'm so proud of Troy and Josh. I'm so proud of every single one of the students in The Creek who decided that seeing God do something in their church, in The Creek and in their lives was worth going without food and worth spending time seeking God.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! that is so awesome!

August 31, 2008 at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home