Thursday, September 17, 2009

Not According to Plan

Today did not go the way I expected it to. I thought my day would be spent writing very effectively and efficiently in the morning and shooting a video in the afternoon. In the plan I had in my mind, everything would be executed perfectly. It didn't happen.

As I wrote, the words came as easily as punching a hole through a brick wall. It was as if I couldn't put a single coherent thought together. The day progressed and problems presented themselves one after the other, completely distracting me from the plan I had so diligently made this morning. Nothing was working the way I had expected, and by the time I got home tonight I felt like a flaming ball of frustration. My day felt like a complete waste.

Then I remembered something I read first thing this morning:
We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.
Proverbs 16:9


I read it again this evening as I sat in my bedroom trying to decompress, and I realized this - my day didn't go as I had planned it, but it went exactly the way God wanted it to. This was very freeing for me. So what if everything I wrote was worthless. So what if I don't feel like I accomplished all that I felt I needed to. God determined my steps today, and that's exactly where I want to be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Liberty said...

i'm sorry :[

September 17, 2009 at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home