Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Chipotle

I’m going to tell you something about myself right now that no one but my wife and I know…I’m not perfect. Normally in my every day routine my perfection is clear to all around me including myself, but lately that has been challenged by a large, delicious burrito. You see, I don’t really care for Mexican food. It is okay. I can eat it without gagging. It can be pretty good sometimes, but I never, NEVER crave it. Because of this I typically don’t really get too excited about Mexican restaurants. In fact I can even resent some of the more popular ones just because EVERYONE loves them so much.

I hated Chipotle. I had maybe eaten there once, but just like it is so easy to hate the quarterback prom king because everyone loves him I hated Chipotle. I know people who waited in line for an hour and a half for a stinking burrito and I resented them for it! For a burrito? A burrito?!?!? Well lately I have been going there with a chum because he loves it, and what to my surprise has happened? I have fallen in love too. Just like one of those dumb romantic comedies where the dumb jock ignores the girl of his dreams until the last scene where he realizes how wonderful she is, I realized how wonderful Chipotle is and how much I love it. Call me old fashioned, but Chipotle is the type of restaurant you bring home to meet the parents….

Guacamole!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home