Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Car Accident

Today I got in a car accident. Before you ask...no, it wasn't my fault. Here's how it went down.

Lewis and I were driving back to the office after our staff meeting at Atlanta Bread Company. I had a breakfast sandwich and coffee. It was delicious today. Anyway, we were tooling down the street when car one pulled out in front of us to cross over into the far lane. He had plenty of room to clear us, but the guy in car two who thought he could sneak out after car one did not. I smashed the break pedal into the floor like I was trying to kill a giant spider. My wheels stopped, but the car didn't. The rubber peeled off my tires like I was trying to stop a car rolling on giant black crayons. Lewis yells, "Look out!" In my mind, which was operating in hyperspeed, I calmly explained to him why we were going to be okay. What actually came out of my mouth was more like, "Nyauh!"

My front passenger side slammed into the front driver's side wheel of car two, bending his wheel over and crushing in the steel exterior of his Ford Focus. After I checked to see if the driver of car two was okay we chatted. Turns out it was the first real two driver car accident either of us had ever been in. Pretty cool.

What's not so cool is my sore neck and headache. Turns out your neck snaps like a rubber band when the weight of your melon head is going one direction and your body is not. Especially when you hit something at 35 miles per hour. And the accident wasn't my fault, which means that my 97 Saturn will have a 2009 front end. That's pretty cool, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home