Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Meet God

The holidays are over and a new year begins. I love the Christmas season just like any other red-blooded American, but I'm going to be really honest and admit that during this last week of the year I'm just holding my breath for it to be over. The joy of the season is great and all, but I'm the type of person who is just ready to get back to business. I want to jump back into the routines of regular everyday life. Staying with family is wonderful, but I want my own bed. Eating at restaurants is a blasty, but I'm stinkin' ready to eat some plain old rice at my own table. I like routine.

I also like looking ahead to the new year and planning ahead for the Creek. I'm very excited about a new series we are starting in January called Hello, My Name is God. I read a story of a kid who, when asked to draw what he thought God was, drew a picture of Santa Claus. Maybe God acts like Santa in our lives sometimes, but that is a very incomplete picture of who He is. It makes me wonder how many of us operate in our faith with an unfinished picture of the God we are trying to follow. Through this series in January we are going to work our way through key passages in the Bible that illuminate aspects of God's nature and his personality that will shed light on who he really is to us and what it means to follow a God that we can really know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home