Friday, May 29, 2009

Movin' on up

At the end of every school year, I would begin telling people that I was in the next grade as soon as possible. For example, on the last day of school as a freshman I would begin referring to myself as a sophomore. Even before the final bell of the year, I was a sophomore and you better shut it if you thought otherwise. I guess things don't change much because, at The Creek, everyone has cast off this last school year like a muddy old pair of boots.

"7th grade?" they say. "7th grade was soooo two days ago. I'm no 7th grader. I'm an 8th grader, fool!"

And don't you dare call a student who is going to be starting high school in the fall a jr. higher. They will break you in half before ever being identified as a middle school student again. I know. I have been broken many times. It's the perils of being old I guess...or should I look ahead to the next big transition in life and start calling myself dead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home