Thursday, May 29, 2008

STRESS!!!

I know that none of you ever expected this, but I am going to tell you something about myself that will make me look like a nerd. Right now some of you are thinking, “Wait…that’s just not possible!” I know, I know. It is hard for me to fathom the fact that I might not be as cool as everyone thinks, but it is time to embrace my inner geek.

Sometimes I get stressed out. I am in charge of two completely separate ministries (worship and youth), one of which includes nearly all the details that a full church encompasses. I have three kids who LOOOOOOVE to scream. There is nothing more fun to them than running around and screaming “Pee Pants!” at the top of their lungs. I have a relationship with God that I desperately try to prioritize before any of these things and I only have 24 hours in a day. And serioulsy, I gotta sleep for at least 8 of those or you better watch out. Sometimes the pressure to satisfy everything that needs attention in my life is unbearable.

But I have three great reliefs in my life:


  1. Terri changes most of the dirty diapers. That is love…perfect love.
  2. God. ‘Nuff said.

As pressure and stress bear down on me. I find joy in your commands. (Psalm 119:143)

…and now my nerd moment...
3. Star Trek: The Next Generation. We’ve been getting it on DVD from Netflix and we’re on season three. Shut up, you know you love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home