Saturday, January 30, 2010

Burger Plant

Mondays are my day off, and while Cameron and Trinity are at school (2nd grade and kindergarten) we like to take Calvin (4) out to do fun stuff. For Calvin, fun is going to the Burger King that has the newest and nicest playground.

This part is actually not relevant to the story, but as an aside I need to tell you my problems with Burger King. The food is fine, fast food grade fare, but their beverage selection stinks. Diet Coke is the only drink for those of us who prefer a sugar free beverage. I'd go for iced tea, but it's the syrup kind instead of fresh brewed, and that's just an abomination. This last little thought is just a window into my mind, and it's inclusion is not intended to make me look old or crotchety in any way, shape or form.

So we are sitting in Burger King enjoying our Whoppers when the following conversation transpires:

Me: Calvin, what are you doing?

Calvin: (Removing the sesame seeds from his bun) I'm taking these things off my burger. Can you help me?

Me: It will probably take a long time to take them all off, and you won't have much bun left. Why don't you just eat what you have there.

(Calvin continues picking off the seeds and stacking them into a little pile)

Me: What are you doing with those?

Calvin: I'm going to save these so we can put them in the ground in our yard.

Me: What do you think will happen if we do that?

Calvin: I'll put them in the ground in our yard and then a burger plant will grow and we can have burgers all the time.


World hunger...solved by a four year old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home