Sunday, June 29, 2008

Home again then gone...

Back from camp! I'm not going to lie - the following sentence will be as truthful as I will be about any subject in my entire life and will include no falsehoods - camp was awesome. For those of you that didn't go, it would be very difficult for me to encapsulate in words what it was like. The food was pretty terrible, but the company was great, and God moved in student's lives. He really did.

Over the next weeks at The Creek and on this blog I'm sure I will share some of my experiences, but I'll leave you with this thought: if God can move in people's hearts and lives in such a powerful and incredible way at a camp, he can do it here too. He can do it here! No doubt, no question and no reservations...he can do it here! My prayer is that each of us that went this week will bring back the spark that God ignited in our hearts at camp.

I'll tell you this though, I am SUPER tired and MEGA sore. My bed got saran wrapped twice - once with me in it and once when I was gone, and I got hugged so many times I feel like I was in the ultimate fighting championship. It was a great week. Plan on going next year.

But alas, I am leaving tomorrow for a week of vacation in my hometown of Bloomington-Normal, IL. Dan Harris and Dan Taylor are holding things down for me. They are very nice boys. Here and gone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home