Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Prayer

I love this passage. It is very simply the hearts cry of a person who wants to know and be close to God. I read this and repeat it over and over because the more I say it the more true it becomes for me, and I want this to be my own personal prayer more than anything.

Psalm 119:27-35
Help me understand the meaning of your commandments,
and I will meditate on your wonderful deeds.
I weep with sorrow;
encourage me by your word.
Keep me from lying to myself;
give me the privilege of knowing your instructions.
I have chosen to be faithful;
I have determined to live by your regulations.
I cling to your laws.
Lord, don’t let me be put to shame!
I will pursue your commands,
for you expand my understanding.
Teach me your decrees, O Lord;
I will keep them to the end.
Give me understanding and I will obey your instructions;
I will put them into practice with all my heart.
Make me walk along the path of your commands,
for that is where my happiness is found.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa! good one
i lub it

July 9, 2008 at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home